ActionTiles Support & Ideas Forum
Public Forum for ActionTiles Customers. Please use the Search Box and carefully browse the results to look for existing relevant Topics before opening a new Topic or Private Helpdesk Ticket.
This national weather radar is so far my most useful Media Tile. I configured it for 3x2 tile size. Someday I intend to have a front door camera Media Tile.
- If the image in a Post has been placed with a full URL link to the original; just right-click and choose "Copy image address."
- There might be enough clues in the address to find the source website so you can find variations, such as local weather.
- When posting, if you used the "<>" (HTML edit feature) to surround the URL of the image source with <pre> and </pre>, then the URL will be show in text instead of the image ... or try the "Code" Formatting option (under the paragraph symbol ¶).
Hubitat integration is now ready for Public Beta!
We are opening up registrations starting today. You will be able to use the Hubitat Elevation platform with ActionTiles for an extended period of time, free of charge, while we iron out any kinks that come up. When the integration will be deemed stable, a standard 14-day free trial period will begin after advanced notice.
Make sure that your Hubitat Hub has the latest firmware built 18.104.22.168.
The use of ActionTiles platform is subject to our Terms and Conditions. A license will be required to continue using the Hubitat integration after a trial period. The licensing fees will be similar to SmartThings Locations / Hubs.
After attempting to stream using Blue Iris (CPU on the server went through the roof), and not having any success using some of the other methods found here on the forum, I decided to give tinyCam a try.
There was another post that made a passing reference to the tinyCam webserver, so I installed the app on my Nexus 9, setup webserver and am now able to stream one of my outside security cams to a media tile.
Here's the media setup panel...
The problem I'm having is that I can't seem to address any of the other three cameras. There is supposedly a parameter to select a camera, but it's not working for me. Here's the request parameters from the Tinycam webserver API...
Perhaps there are others using tinyCam Pro Webserver that might share their experiences...
I would like to create a 'Settings' panel wherein we could easily make changes to values used in WebCoRE to, for instance, turn off lights. I would like to be able modify times, temperatures (Centigrade), and other numeric values.
Is there any way to achieve this? What do other users do?
Hello, I was hoping someone can help me with an issue I'm having. I have tiles that turn on my pool heater or spa heater. In webcore I have actions that are done on a timer to make the changes. If someone clicks the tile a second time without waiting for the action to finish the logic is messed up. Does anyone know how to disable a tile after it has been clicked for a certain amount of time? Sometimes it the tile takes a second or 2 to light up and the person clicking will try again so i'd like to prevent that. Thank you!
While we're waiting for a clock tile with [hub]timezone support, I was wondering if anyone's come across a media source for a bitmap/videostreamed clock in any given timezone? All I'm looking for is having a tile display the current Pacific Standard Time no matter where I am in the world. Any suggestions?
I was just wondering how everyone else is adding their music players to ActionTiles.
I am using an app called Echo Speaks that is added to my SmartThings as a Smart App.
I can control the Echo's Play, Stop, Pause, Volume and Skipping.
Right now, I can only control the Volume of the Fire HDs.
The individual Echo Tiles also show up in their respective Room Panels. So when I go into the Living Room Panel, the 'Echo - Living Room' tile is in there as well.
Thermostat Tile: Custom icon & colors when actively heating or cooling and for excessive heat or cooling
I can't find where to change the thermostat icon
I would like the tile to show red when actively heating, blue when cooling
Show a flashing red or blue when a "setpoint" is hit. Flashing red above 75 or flashing blue below 66
I have Smartthings setup to notify me if my tenants are turning the heat up.
Is it possible to add more tiles than the ones listed (see attachment). I'm not interested in the weather tile as it is too busy but it would be good to break out the other parameters as separate tiles. The second attachment from the IDE lists all the parameters and several are much more useful than the ones already available.
Trying to setup my Android tablet for ActionTiles exclusively. I purchased Fully.
Now how do you suggest I only install what is needed for this ONLY task.? FULLY to run ActionTiles. Android devices need a Google account for setup and access to my Play Store, ie install my paid Fully . But it also sets up email and other stuff I really do not need or want on this tablet, like email alerts and so on. Any sugg suggestion on best practices?
I just started using AT, love it so far. I'm considering mounting a tablet to start experimenting with. I'm building a house next year, currently finalizing the design. I'll be doing all the low voltage installation so I need to know pretty soon exactly what I need for smart house items so I can run cabling as needed. I'd always wanted to do a wall mount tablet in a few locations and I think AT will fit the bill.
So for now in the current house, I don't care to dig into sheet rock to run cables for power then have to repair before we sell the house, but I still want to play, mostly to get the wife on-board and so I'm not having to experiment on the new place.
I have a perfect spot downstairs right above or next to my nest thermostat. I do have 5 wires to the nest so I have 24VAC with common available. I was thinking of a AC to 5VDC buck converter mounted inside a picture frame with the tablet. I could poke a small hole in the wall from the nest to behind tablet. Has anyone ever done this? It shouldn't pull more than a half amp at 24VAC...
I'm not sure what size AC transformer is in my HVAC system, it's a Lennox system about 2 years old. Also not sure how much power the nest requires.
I’m having issues with Dakboard and the screensaver. It doesn’t seem to appropriately size the content, so it’s pretty poorly laid out (most content is offscreen) it looks fine in other browsers on the fire so it seems to be related to fully. I was wondering how you had Dak configured assuming it looked good for you?
I found out my issue, Fully has an option under Settings > Web Zoom and Scaling for “Use Wide Viewport” which was on . Turning that off fixed my issue with Dak as the screensaver.
Is there a way to mass change icons? I want to change the on and off icons for all my switches, but it's getting tedious to do them all manually. Am I missing an easier way? In themes maybe? I'm not seeing it.
The new theme builder is a welcome addition, but is still rather limited. How difficult would it be to give us granular color control over individual tiles? I, like many here, use simple actuators and virtual switches to control or report on a variety of different functions that we might want to color code by type.
I have a Tile that is a switch for our Whole House Fan. It can be accidentally tapped and I want to prevent this - especially if there is a fire going in the fireplace. It seems like I could set a PIN code for it but it seems I have to set a pin for the entire panel? I'd rather not have to set a PIN for the entire panel. Any ideas?
The Panel's "PIN" is applied and only activated on a Tile-by-Tile basis. So perhaps you enable it for SHM, Locks, and special Switches like Fireplace.
I posted this for another user but though I would create a topic on how I was able to access my Samsung SNH-v6410PN camera feed in action tiles using VLC. There are a lot of variations when setting this up so this is not comprehensive to cover every camera type but hopefully it gets you most of the way there.s
To do this through VLC with my Samsung camera I took the following steps. Before proceeding identify the url for you cameras RTSP stream - Great database to find this:
1. Make sure you can access your cameras RTSP stream from a browser. In the case of my samsung camera I accessed the RTSP stream with this path, rtsp://user:firstname.lastname@example.org/profile5/media.smp (Make sure to replace with the RTSP format for your camera (it will vary). Note: If camera is user/password protected you may not be able to pass the user:password in the URL when trying to access the feed. This depends on the browser you are using. Chrome and fully do not allow them to passed so simply enter the URL as shown below and then you should be prompted for the user name and password. Firefox should work ok with the user:pass being passed within the URL as shown above.
2. Install VLC (im using version 2.2.8) and access VLC command line. To do this from windows open up Windows CMD prompt as administrator and navigate to you VLC directory path below. Note: Some VLC versions are buggy with trans-coding so thats why I reference the version of VLC I am using to do this successfully.
C:\>cd Program Files (x86)
C:\Program Files (x86)>cd VideoLAN
C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN>cd VLC
C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC>
3. Once there enter the command string shown below and REPLACE the part highlighted in bold with your cameras RTSP stream link. Note: you only need to enter the user:password part of the string if you have assigned the camera a user name and password logon. Also replace the IP address with your IP address. After you press enter if you dont receive any errors go to step 4.
vlc.exe -R rtsp://user:email@example.com/profile5/media.smp --sout
4. Change the IP address below to the IP of the PC running VLC that is doing the transcoding. Try to access the stream from a web browser or action tiles (only will work on your local network). If camera is user/password protected you may not be able to pass the user:password in the URL when trying to access the feed, this depends on the browser you are using. Chrome and fully do not allow them to passed so simply enter the URL as shown below and then you should be prompted for the user name and password. http://192.168.1.119:8888/videostream.cgi
5. If all is successful grab yourself a Beer and celebrate :)
Hope this helps
Customer support service by UserEcho