ActionTiles Support & Ideas Forum
Public Forum for ActionTiles Customers. Please use the Search Box and carefully browse the results to look for existing relevant Topics before opening a new Topic or Private Helpdesk Ticket.
I have created this Topic as a home base to discuss this Feature Request Idea which has been coming up a few times on the Forum and Helpdesk.
- The SmartThings App offers a "Recently" tab when you look at the detail of a Thing or a Room.
- SmartTiles has an "Event History" Tile which listed activity (status change) events for all Tiles on the entire Dashboard in a single list, ordered most recent to oldest.
- SmartTiles allows developers to pull at most 7 days of activity history directly from their Cloud.
- ActionTiles launched without this feature.
Why not already in ActionTiles?
- One major factor in prioritizing what Features to offer at launch date was feedback from our tremendously helpful and valuable Beta testers. They used the product for months ... longer than we anticipated, since we found their ideas and recommendations to be compelling enough to implement some of them before launch.
- Beta Participants have a private section of the Forum where they opened and discussed Idea and Bug Topics. We also sent out individual polls.
- Event History was among the lowest popularity of all Feature requests.
- They are a diverse enough group that we weight their opinions highly. This open ActionTiles Support & Ideas forum will bring us even more information to help prioritize.
What's the Current Plan?
- We recognize that this feature may be "under-requested" at the present time, and yet would be highly valued by some customers.
- Like every feature, it presents some challenges to implement. There are lots of design decisions to consider... We are already brainstorming!
- When we're ready, we'll start with something basic, and then add enhancements based on your feedback.
- Let's start by using this Topic to capture your Topic Votes and an open discussion of how you would personally use and value activity event history feature(s).
I don't need a full event history, but I would like to see a timestamp for the last event. Specifically, the last event for motion sensors and presence sensors.
I see a major use in event history. If I share a panel to enable my gardener to switch the Smart Home Monitor on/off I would like to be able to see either the user or otherwise the specific panel that was used to switch the SHM on/off.
The user information in the log on SmartThings does not seem to identify the specific user.
Would it be possible to display a simple sparkline graph on select Tiles, so we could get a quick visual of variables over time, like temperature, humidity, lux, or even binary variables like open/close, or motion/no motion? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sparkline This would save me from having to use InitialState or stream my events into Google Sheets to get charts.
Something like this (bad) mockup...
Customer support service by UserEcho