ActionTiles Support & Ideas Forum
Public Forum for ActionTiles Customers. Please use the Search Box and carefully browse the results to look for existing relevant Topics before opening a new Topic or Private Helpdesk Ticket.
Images on media tiles are not loading on Google Chrome browser on PC, however they load on the phone browser. When I try to edit those "Media" tiles, it says "Enter valid URL". Please note that the URL is valid and that media tile is showing correctly on the Android phone browser (Google Chrome). It is happening with all media tiles on the PC browser. It used to work fine till last week on PC as well as on phone. Please help, thanks in advance.
BLUF: I am no longer able to select "Autoplay video in Tile (limited browser support, feel free to try)" after 6. I need to add over 60 camera feeds to my panel but the slider no longer shows up when I add more than 6 cameras to my panel. Is this a bug or does ActionTiles only support up to 6 camera feeds at one time?
Since the rtsp support seems to be on hold for now I had to return the second camera I ordered on Amazon. But I managed to make one of my old camera work.
PLEASE list the exact brand for your camera here if you can confirm it works for you. This will help others with the new purchases.
Please list the http mask (URL format) you used.
Amazon purchase link also very much appreciated.
Feel free to add sreenshots to your camera tile too.
Hello - I am new to AT but I have found it to be one of the better dashboards for custom smart homing.. Anyway, one of my biggest issues right now is live video cam feeds. I've searched for days, on different dashboard apps as well and it seems RTSP is a huge issue for apps like this. Why don't any of these people support direct RTSP? whatever... the fact is, I am trying my hardest to get this to work even just for one tile and I can't.
I've got hikvision cameras, provision-isr cameras, even a few other IP cameras however I don't have any of those cloud based garbage cameras like nest or ring because I don't believe in having my security on a cloud where anybody can hack and gain access to millions of account including mine (i wonder where I get that insecurity from.. oh wait, it actually DOES Happen) so I prefer selling my customers camera systems which I can locally grant access and secure and know that there isn't a cloud account that can be hacked thus giving my customer, as well as my own set up a bit more security - in my opinion that is.
Anyway, I am hoping someone has figured out a solid way to do this because I have a few actiontiles I want to set up with one or two tiles displaying cameras like the front and back door, garage, etc.
I have the RTSP part of it working smoothly and across the network and internet, I just can't figure out how to turn them into HTTP streams or any other method that is supported in AT.
Here's hoping someone has an answer. Thanks in advance!
I run actiontiles on 3 fire tablets throughout the house.
I just changed my home wifi.
I updated the wifi info on the tablets and everything works except 3 of the 4 media tiles.
I went to my PC to update the media tiles, but they work just fine on the computer.
What's wrong with the tiles on the tablets?
Is there a bug passing credentials (username and password) to my video cameras on a panel's first load?
I use old Android phones running IP Webcam as security cameras in my camp - they're great because they have WiFi, a camera, a battery backup, and they're free.
Each one is available on the local network and also is port-forwarded through the router on a unique port. IP Webcam is configured to require a different username and password combination for each one.
If I open the URL directly in a browser (passing the credentials in the URL) it opens right up, so everything is working fine with the camera, phone and router configuration.
If I place my camera feeds on a panel as media tiles, on the first load they show as gray boxes with the "broken image" icon, until I right-click on each one and select "Open image in new tab", and then once they're authorized by the standalone tab I can click Refresh and the panel displays them correctly.
This behavior is the same as in the legacy SmartTiles dashboards.
hello :).... is there a way to display a local sensor like the aeotec multisensor 6 in the format of a smart weather station tile?... it would be cool to be able to have multiple things on one tile.
After attempting to stream using Blue Iris (CPU on the server went through the roof), and not having any success using some of the other methods found here on the forum, I decided to give tinyCam a try.
There was another post that made a passing reference to the tinyCam webserver, so I installed the app on my Nexus 9, setup webserver and am now able to stream one of my outside security cams to a media tile.
Here's the media setup panel...
The problem I'm having is that I can't seem to address any of the other three cameras. There is supposedly a parameter to select a camera, but it's not working for me. Here's the request parameters from the Tinycam webserver API...
Perhaps there are others using tinyCam Pro Webserver that might share their experiences...
New to ActionTiles and I can't seem to figure out how to get my Bloomsky Weather Picture to show up? I have it setup as a device in SmartThings and I am getting the readings from the Bloomsky but I don't see where I can add the image. Is this possible?
This national weather radar is so far my most useful Media Tile. I configured it for 3x2 tile size. Someday I intend to have a front door camera Media Tile.
- If the image in a Post has been placed with a full URL link to the original; just right-click and choose "Copy image address."
- There might be enough clues in the address to find the source website so you can find variations, such as local weather.
- When posting, if you used the "<>" (HTML edit feature) to surround the URL of the image source with <pre> and </pre>, then the URL will be show in text instead of the image ... or try the "Code" Formatting option (under the paragraph symbol ¶).
Hi Guys, first post and a complete newbie, so apologies if this is a silly question....
I am trying to get my Netatmo Welcome to display on a media tile.... As I say I am a complete novice so am not entirely sure this is possible. I have followed the steps detailed in the link below assuming it will work in a similar fashion with Action Tiles, firstly my question is am I barking up the wrong tree... As I say my knowledge is limited so apologies if I am being naive..
Secondly if by some miracle I am on the right track, why would I get a blank tile with "loading" in it? I have tried both a live stream and snapshot options but both return the same.
Any help or advice would be really appreciated
Feature Request: Add password protected Nest Hello Media Stream.
It works well with no password, publicly shared stream. But for added security, allow for password protected stream.
Does ActionTiles support oAuth for authentication with things like Google services (mail, calendar, etc...)?
Authentication works fine if you open AT in a browser, but this doesn't work in the app.
Does this work in a way that I haven't found or is this something that would need to be requested to be added?
Thanks in advance!
I remember seen in the past some thread about the Chinese cameras connection to action tiles but I'm unable to find it in the forum any longer for some reason... I found 2 like these in my attic and thought to try connect them to action tiles.
Anyone managed to connect these cheap cameras to action tiles?
The cameras are this ones that using the V380 mobile app to access them - one model is 360 Eye but there are many like this - https://www.bonanza.com/listings/Camera-Ip-Wireless-Cctv-Security-Wifi-Home-Hd-Night-Vision-720p-Network-1080p/570635208?goog_pla=1&gpid=76984451581&keyword=&goog_pla=1&pos=1o9&ad_type=pla&gclid=Cj0KCQjwzcbWBRDmARIsAM6uChUMDE5ZmrGMhNBFZHa_cXT0x-XZ_rgAJR-Wfy7-0oNq8-uDDO6CkXgaAhqTEALw_wcB
I posted this for another user but though I would create a topic on how I was able to access my Samsung SNH-v6410PN camera feed in action tiles using VLC. There are a lot of variations when setting this up so this is not comprehensive to cover every camera type but hopefully it gets you most of the way there.s
To do this through VLC with my Samsung camera I took the following steps. Before proceeding identify the url for you cameras RTSP stream - Great database to find this:
1. Make sure you can access your cameras RTSP stream from a browser. In the case of my samsung camera I accessed the RTSP stream with this path, rtsp://user:email@example.com/profile5/media.smp (Make sure to replace with the RTSP format for your camera (it will vary). Note: If camera is user/password protected you may not be able to pass the user:password in the URL when trying to access the feed. This depends on the browser you are using. Chrome and fully do not allow them to passed so simply enter the URL as shown below and then you should be prompted for the user name and password. Firefox should work ok with the user:pass being passed within the URL as shown above.
2. Install VLC (im using version 2.2.8) and access VLC command line. To do this from windows open up Windows CMD prompt as administrator and navigate to you VLC directory path below. Note: Some VLC versions are buggy with trans-coding so thats why I reference the version of VLC I am using to do this successfully.
C:\>cd Program Files (x86)
C:\Program Files (x86)>cd VideoLAN
C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN>cd VLC
C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC>
3. Once there enter the command string shown below and REPLACE the part highlighted in bold with your cameras RTSP stream link. Note: you only need to enter the user:password part of the string if you have assigned the camera a user name and password logon. Also replace the IP address with your IP address. After you press enter if you dont receive any errors go to step 4.
vlc.exe -R rtsp://user:firstname.lastname@example.org/profile5/media.smp --sout
4. Change the IP address below to the IP of the PC running VLC that is doing the transcoding. Try to access the stream from a web browser or action tiles (only will work on your local network). If camera is user/password protected you may not be able to pass the user:password in the URL when trying to access the feed, this depends on the browser you are using. Chrome and fully do not allow them to passed so simply enter the URL as shown below and then you should be prompted for the user name and password. http://192.168.1.119:8888/videostream.cgi
5. If all is successful grab yourself a Beer and celebrate :)
Hope this helps
First, if this type of post isn't permitted please remove it, thank you.
I’m working on a simple application (it's free) that works like a web server for photos for ActionTiles. Basically you copy this application into a directory and point an ActionTiles Media Tile to the applications IP address. The Application will serve up either a specific requested photo, or if you specify random.jpg it will serve a random photo from the directory.
You can also (optionally) specify different directories for different tablets etc. So you could have vacation photos served to the kitchen tablet, while your spouse gets photos of the kids and the garage tablet shows hunting and car photos all while the ActionTiles media tile points to a single local Web URL.
Photos can be: jpg, jpeg, gif and png.
Example directory layout:
The Application Interface:
If anyone has an interest in this local photo server and wants to help in beta testing this please let me know.
I’m working on this in my spare time so response from me could be slow at times as I work full time.
What this program doesn’t do:
Slideshow the photos in sequence (they are randomly presented).
Access directories outside of its own directory.
Charge for it's use (It's beggar ware)
Have an Apple version.
I found a new resource that could come in handy for AT. It's a weather widget that can generate an image, rather than just html. Its fully customization, and may work for other tile sizes. I just started screwing around with it. check it out:
The source can be found here - https://www.theweather.com/widget/
Customer support service by UserEcho