ActionTiles Support & Ideas Forum
Public Forum for ActionTiles Customers. Please use the Search Box and carefully browse the results to look for existing relevant Topics before opening a new Topic or Private Helpdesk Ticket.
Cant get my weather widget to update
I know i must be doing something wrong but for the life of me can't figure it out
this is the widget
HTTP on media tile no longer working (HTTPS still works)
Was the platform recently updated? I have internally hosted items on my panel (limited to http instead of https) and noticed today the http protocol items no longer show up.
I have an EZVIZ C1C wireless camera and a EZVIZ X5C NVR. I am trying to get the live camera feeds to display in actiontiles. I am new to this and can't seem to figure it out.
my camera's are very laggy. Time is jumping two seconds and a lot of other problems.
Running actiontiles on a Lenovo tablet. Three reolink onvif camera's running on tinycam pro.
Does someone has a solution??
SmartThings weather tile doesn’t update info
Hi all I’m new on AT and I have an issue with the SmartThings Weather. I have created the Simulated switch as per procedure but the data in AT are not update as you can see in the image. Any suggestion on how to fix it? Thanks
While a SmartWeather Station Tiles is displayed, ActionTiles pulls the latest data from SmartThings every 30 minutes and issues the update command.
If SmartThings fails to update or provide accurate data, there's nothing else that could be done from our side.
Weather Tile not working
The Weather Tile - linked to the SmartThings Weather app is not working since the migration. Is there a fix coming?
Weather Tile widget generation from theweather.com
I found a new resource that could come in handy for AT. It's a weather widget that can generate an image, rather than just html. Its fully customization, and may work for other tile sizes. I just started screwing around with it. check it out:
The source can be found here - https://www.theweather.com/widget/
Using VLC transcode Video RTSP stream to MJPEG
I posted this for another user but though I would create a topic on how I was able to access my Samsung SNH-v6410PN camera feed in action tiles using VLC. There are a lot of variations when setting this up so this is not comprehensive to cover every camera type but hopefully it gets you most of the way there.s
To do this through VLC with my Samsung camera I took the following steps. Before proceeding identify the url for you cameras RTSP stream - Great database to find this:
1. Make sure you can access your cameras RTSP stream from a browser. In the case of my samsung camera I accessed the RTSP stream with this path, rtsp://user:email@example.com/profile5/media.smp (Make sure to replace with the RTSP format for your camera (it will vary). Note: If camera is user/password protected you may not be able to pass the user:password in the URL when trying to access the feed. This depends on the browser you are using. Chrome and fully do not allow them to passed so simply enter the URL as shown below and then you should be prompted for the user name and password. Firefox should work ok with the user:pass being passed within the URL as shown above.
2. Install VLC (im using version 2.2.8) and access VLC command line. To do this from windows open up Windows CMD prompt as administrator and navigate to you VLC directory path below. Note: Some VLC versions are buggy with trans-coding so thats why I reference the version of VLC I am using to do this successfully.
C:\>cd Program Files (x86)
C:\Program Files (x86)>cd VideoLAN
C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN>cd VLC
C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC>
3. Once there enter the command string shown below and REPLACE the part highlighted in bold with your cameras RTSP stream link. Note: you only need to enter the user:password part of the string if you have assigned the camera a user name and password logon. Also replace the IP address with your IP address. After you press enter if you dont receive any errors go to step 4.
vlc.exe -R rtsp://user:firstname.lastname@example.org/profile5/media.smp --sout
4. Change the IP address below to the IP of the PC running VLC that is doing the transcoding. Try to access the stream from a web browser or action tiles (only will work on your local network). If camera is user/password protected you may not be able to pass the user:password in the URL when trying to access the feed, this depends on the browser you are using. Chrome and fully do not allow them to passed so simply enter the URL as shown below and then you should be prompted for the user name and password. http://192.168.1.119:8888/videostream.cgi
5. If all is successful grab yourself a Beer and celebrate :)
Hope this helps
tinyCam Pro Android App web server: Stream RTSP and Wyze Cam to ActionTiles!
After attempting to stream using Blue Iris (CPU on the server went through the roof), and not having any success using some of the other methods found here on the forum, I decided to give tinyCam a try.
There was another post that made a passing reference to the tinyCam webserver, so I installed the app on my Nexus 9, setup webserver and am now able to stream one of my outside security cams to a media tile.
Here's the media setup panel...
The problem I'm having is that I can't seem to address any of the other three cameras. There is supposedly a parameter to select a camera, but it's not working for me. Here's the request parameters from the Tinycam webserver API...
Perhaps there are others using tinyCam Pro Webserver that might share their experiences...
Demo / Tutorial Videos:
Our friend at TaylorTech (vlog) has added 2 YouTube tutorial/demo videos for this Topic:
Weather forcast tile?
I want to add a weather forecast tile but I am new to AT and really don't know where to start. What is the best place to look and find details on how to do this?
Here is a super helpful video:
- Finding a weather forecast / radar image for using in a Media Tile
- and MTG (jggdev) Media Tile Generator (Media Tile Generator (MTG jggdev): Weather, Calendar, News)
Please List your Camera brand here if you got it working
Since the rtsp support seems to be on hold for now I had to return the second camera I ordered on Amazon. But I managed to make one of my old camera work.
PLEASE list the exact brand for your camera here if you can confirm it works for you. This will help others with the new purchases.
Please list the http mask (URL format) you used.
Amazon purchase link also very much appreciated.
Feel free to add sreenshots to your camera tile too.
Sticky Note (or simple text) Tile?
Anyway for you to add a sticky note tile in the future?
Share your favorite Weather Media Tiles?
This national weather radar is so far my most useful Media Tile. I configured it for 3x2 tile size. Someday I intend to have a front door camera Media Tile.
- If the image in a Post has been placed with a full URL link to the original; just right-click and choose "Copy image address."
- There might be enough clues in the address to find the source website so you can find variations, such as local weather.
- When posting, if you used the "<>" (HTML edit feature) to surround the URL of the image source with <pre> and </pre>, then the URL will be show in text instead of the image ... or try the "Code" Formatting option (under the paragraph symbol ¶).
I created a Sunrise/Sunset Tile!
I'm sharing this for others to use!
Use this Media Still Image URL:
Use the base URL https://sunsettile.app/sunset for sunset and https://sunsettile.app/sunrise for sunrise
bgcolor (background color - hex color without #)
fgcolor (foreground color - hex color without #)
timeformat=24 (For 24 hour time)
offset= (number of minutes, positive or negative)
Please set the refresh time to at least every 12 hours (43200 seconds) to be nice to my server.
URL wont work in media tile
I'm sorry if this is a newby question this is my first time using ActionTiles. All I want to do is show this website on one of my tiles. And for some reason it says the URL is not valid. Could you please tell me what I am doing wrong. Thank you.
RTSP to ActionTiles
Hello - I am new to AT but I have found it to be one of the better dashboards for custom smart homing.. Anyway, one of my biggest issues right now is live video cam feeds. I've searched for days, on different dashboard apps as well and it seems RTSP is a huge issue for apps like this. Why don't any of these people support direct RTSP? whatever... the fact is, I am trying my hardest to get this to work even just for one tile and I can't.
I've got hikvision cameras, provision-isr cameras, even a few other IP cameras however I don't have any of those cloud based garbage cameras like nest or ring because I don't believe in having my security on a cloud where anybody can hack and gain access to millions of account including mine (i wonder where I get that insecurity from.. oh wait, it actually DOES Happen) so I prefer selling my customers camera systems which I can locally grant access and secure and know that there isn't a cloud account that can be hacked thus giving my customer, as well as my own set up a bit more security - in my opinion that is.
Anyway, I am hoping someone has figured out a solid way to do this because I have a few actiontiles I want to set up with one or two tiles displaying cameras like the front and back door, garage, etc.
I have the RTSP part of it working smoothly and across the network and internet, I just can't figure out how to turn them into HTTP streams or any other method that is supported in AT.
Here's hoping someone has an answer. Thanks in advance!
Live video from Amcrest NVR
Can an Amcrest NVR output a format that could be shown in ActionTiles?
Blue Iris MJPEG Video stream stops or locks up
Basically its the same thing thats is occuring in the topic above
OS - android
Browser - Firefox 52
Camera Feed - Blue iris Mjpg feed
The feed works great for 5-8 hrs then it freezes on the panel, a refresh fixes it and it works again for another 5+
I just purchased the Aeotec 360 Cam.
Works fine in the Android Smartthings App. But I cant find any information how to extract the stream and get it work with ActionTiles.
home.nest.com Shortcut open in same window doesn't work
It sucks that nest doesn't show up on action tiles like it does on smart things so I tried to use a workaround which makes "home.nest.com" a shortcut that opens in the same window as a dialog/popup but when its clicked it doesn't show the webpage.
Anyone know why and a solution to this?
Customer support service by UserEcho