ActionTiles Support & Ideas Forum
Public Forum for ActionTiles Customers. Please use the Search Box and carefully browse the results to look for existing relevant Topics before opening a new Topic or Private Helpdesk Ticket.
This morning, several of my tiles were grey with small "?" in the middle. Have not seen this before. Nothing changed in the last few weeks. When I touched some of the tiles, they resumed working, but some are still showing grey with "?". Getting same behavior on both my Samsung Tab A and my iPad.
Currently, I can see the air quality CO2, PM2.5, PM10, AQI, Temp, and Humidity in Hubitat tiles, but in ActionTiles, I cannot access PM2.5, PM10 and AQI. Any idea how I can get these attributes from Hubitat over to ActionTiles?
I've added a Z-Wave Smoke Alarm to Smartthings. The icon shows a smoke alarm on the ST app, which is great. On the AT maintenance panel, it shows a smoking cigarette, which is fine, but the panel display only shows a question mark.
Is there currently a way that I can make the Panel Background transparent? I have tried to add a comma after the last RGB number and in the preview it shows as transparent, but that actual panel does not when loaded.
I am currently using VLC to encode my RTSP camera feeds from Unfi Protect so that they are usable on AT.
The issue I am having is that if I refresh one of my dashboards, the feeds will take 20-40 seconds to load. When using these Cameras to check all is ok around my property it can obviously become quite frustrating with such a wait before getting a live view.
Is anyone else experiencing delays with this?
I am using a server with plenty on resource for VLC.
I am having the delay with all devices whether it be edge, chrome, android tablets running AT app. Even tried safari on an iPad.
I have created this Topic as a home base to discuss this Feature Request Idea which has been coming up a few times on the Forum and Helpdesk.
- The SmartThings App offers a "Recently" tab when you look at the detail of a Thing or a Room.
- SmartTiles has an "Event History" Tile which listed activity (status change) events for all Tiles on the entire Dashboard in a single list, ordered most recent to oldest.
- SmartTiles allows developers to pull at most 7 days of activity history directly from their Cloud.
- ActionTiles launched without this feature.
Why not already in ActionTiles?
- One major factor in prioritizing what Features to offer at launch date was feedback from our tremendously helpful and valuable Beta testers. They used the product for months ... longer than we anticipated, since we found their ideas and recommendations to be compelling enough to implement some of them before launch.
- Beta Participants have a private section of the Forum where they opened and discussed Idea and Bug Topics. We also sent out individual polls.
- Event History was among the lowest popularity of all Feature requests.
- They are a diverse enough group that we weight their opinions highly. This open ActionTiles Support & Ideas forum will bring us even more information to help prioritize.
What's the Current Plan?
- We recognize that this feature may be "under-requested" at the present time, and yet would be highly valued by some customers.
- Like every feature, it presents some challenges to implement. There are lots of design decisions to consider... We are already brainstorming!
- When we're ready, we'll start with something basic, and then add enhancements based on your feedback.
- Let's start by using this Topic to capture your Topic Votes and an open discussion of how you would personally use and value activity event history feature(s).
Hello. Very new to AT but trying to dig in a bit. I have Smart Things Home Monitor, using the new app, and have figured out how to set virtual switches to arm and disarm the alarm system from AT. My question is, how do I configure AT to turn off the Arm Away or the Arm Stay switch when I select Disarm. Is this possible? Is it possible if I disarm it from my smart things app as well? would like it to sync. right now the Arm switches always show as "on" even after I've disarmed the system and i have to manually turn off the Arm switches.
You are half way there. This tutorial breaks it down:
I have noticed that my Mode tile does not always show the correct mode. It seems to happen when SmartThings has switched from Away to Home.
A screenshot shows that AT shows Away, but ST shows Home.
I have tried to change the mode using the AT tile, the tile will show home, but after a refresh of the page it shows Away again. The ST IDE Log shows this after I try to change the mode to home via the AT tile.
I am developing a panel for my rec room. I use a few different actiontiles panels within iframes of a website I host on my own domain. Everything works swimmingly except for shortcuts to apps on the tablet. These shortcuts (in the screenshot, my shortcuts are "Darts", "Sonos", and "Roku", which open their respective apps on the fire 10 tablet) work just fine when I view the panel directly via actiontiles app or URL -- but once I embed the panel to an iFrame, those 3 shortcuts simply do nothing any more. All of the other buttons retain their functionality. Any ideas on how to get the shortcuts working? I'm using Android Fire 10 tablet and Fully browser.
Is it possible to have a tile, or perhaps several, to show scores of certain teams (which I define) across different sports?
There no direct way to implement this functionality. However, you could create a Media Tile and link to an image that displays the score and have the image refresh periodically.
Hi everyone! This one really is only going to be good for T1Ds (like me) or parents of kids with T1D that also wear a CGM.
I set up Nightscout on a Heroku instance and have it iFramed to my ActionTile panels, including the one I have in my Tesla. Really great for awareness, and you can set color thresholds to help keep me in range.
I apologize if this has been discussed already, I couldn't find an answer. Is it possible to have a dim slider or color picker shown next to the switch all the time instead of having to click the three dots? I think it would be really helpful to be able to simply slide the dimmer without going through a menu.
Thanks for everything!
Thought I would make a topic for known working sites for everyone to add to their ActionTile panels. I'll start off with:
* fast.com - internet speed test
-simple and works, just use fast.com
* windy.com - beautiful weather map with wind streams, radar etc
-set the view you like, then use the top left menu at windy.com, select "embed widget in page". When you paste into ActionTiles, delete the html tags so you end up with only the long URL between quotes following src=. If you get this incorrect, ActioNTiles seems to embed ActionTiles site in the iframe tile instead.
I would like to have a particular panel open automatically upon certain smartthings events.
For example, when someone knocks on my front door, my summary panel displayed in AT will change to another panel that just shows the cctv feed of the front door.
Any ideas would be gratefully received. Thanks
Wanted to share my Action Tiles dashboard. Created different types of custom tiles using PHP, google sheets and a hosting server that I own.
- Upcoming Tile - It reminds you about important upcoming events like birthdays. Example - “Upcoming” tile in the picture.
- Pay Bill Tile - It reminds you about any upcoming bills and days left. Example - “Pay Bill For” tiles in the picture.
- Text Tile - It comes handy when you need to give a name to your tile groups or want to remind yourself to order something. Example - “Frequent” and “Order Eggs” tiles in the picture.
- Days Ago Tile - It tells you that how many days have past for a given event like aquarium water change. Example - “Aquarium WC” tile in the picture.
Please note that I am using the free version of Action Tiles. In case you have any question, feel free to drop them in comments. Thanks!
Customer support service by UserEcho