ActionTiles Support & Ideas Forum
Public Forum for ActionTiles Customers. Please use the Search Box and carefully browse the results to look for existing relevant Topics before opening a new Topic or Private Helpdesk Ticket.
I have IKEA FYRTUR Window blinds and on my Actionstiles I only see a Battery, no switch option. This is despite that in ST and in the ST app, I have full control of thye blinds including opening and closing. It would be really great to have my blinds on my Actiontiles tablets.
Is it possible to arm / disarm (with pin) using the ADT ST Security Hub from a Tileset?
I changed your Question into a "Feature Request": Control of Arm/Disarm (and possibly other SmartThings ADT Security Hub functionality) is not a currently available ActionTiles function.
- SmartThings has not published an API or any specifications for controlling the ADT Security Hub features.
- SmartThings Community developers / power-users / hackers have discovered undocumented and unsupported APIs that seem to work.
- ActionTiles could attempt to use these APIs, but we always hesitate to use unsanctioned hooks.
- Since it is undocumented the functionality may be unstable and may change or be disabled by SmartThings and/or ADT at any time.
- As a "Works With SmartThings"™ (WWST) certified app, we might be penalized for using the unsanctioned API, even after putting in the effort, testing it, and rolling it out to our customers.
That said; if there is significant customer interest here ( Topic VOTES! ), we might consider taking the risk: Though, seriously, we would be much more happy if the indication of customer interest convinced SmartThings to officially open the API, or at least grant ActionTiles a formal exception.
I'd love to have the ability to add a tile that would bring in today's events from a calendar like Google or outlook. Could this be added as an enhancement?
It would be nice to be able to display a small iframe "tile" on my panel. For example my access points have apis that allow me to view their status. I'd like to show that on my panel.
I started this project some time ago just don't have time to make it a "official project/app."
A (very basic) PHP file uses the Tautulli API to get the most recently played movie TV show ETC and re-displays the image.
Possible upgrades if anyone is interested in forking it. Adding a global host and API Key, adding global specific methods to each action, image caching ETC..
- Some basic tech knowledge (I will answer some questions but have no plans of fully supporting this.)
- Plex (obviously)
- Tautulli - https://tautulli.com/ (Even if you don't want to do this, is still a great tool.)
- PHP web server
1. Enable the Tautulli API from: /settings#tab_tabs-web_interface
2. Get Tautulli API Key also at the bottom of that page.
3. Note all the section ids from /libraries using Tautulli (example: /library?section_id=8)
4. Save the attached file (recently_played.phprecently_played.php) to your web server.
5. Edit that file and add your $host and $api_key values (from step #2)
6. Add the media title to AT. This will be your web server url along with the section id. Example: https://domain.com/recently_played.php?section=4
I want to suggest a small change, but very important for my future projects.
I want to be able to change the tile status in the footer to a custom WORD status.
e.g.: When a contact sensor reports OPEN, the tile status should show ACTIVE, LIFTED or NOTHING AT ALL. -or- When that contact sensor is CLOSED, the tile status should show INACTIVE, LOCKED or NOTHING AT ALL. Same thing for other sensors.
Please check the picture attached to have a better idea. Please thumbs up in case you guys like the change.
Is there anyway to create a panel shortcut tile that can return you to whatever previous panel you came from?
At present I have four Fire Tablets around the house and I am at a point where I have enough smart devices in my home that I have them grouped across several Action Tiles panels: Bedrooms, Kitchen/Living Room, Basement, Yard, Cameras.On each table I have a home page panel that is unique that tablet location with location specific content. At the bottom of that panel I have a set of panel shortcuts to navigate to the shared panels mentioned above.
From the Home page panel (Kitchen home page panel shown below) I can navigate to any of the shared panels such as the Downstairs panel show below that. However, the only way back to the main menu I came from would be to have a main menu button to go to each tablet home page or an addition shared page with panel shortcuts for each. The panel shortcut tiles needed for the first idea eat up to much screen real-estate. the second idea works but requires two steps to get back to a main menu.
What I would like to do instead is have the main menu panel shortcut tiles trigger a script that notes what main menu I came from before sending me to the sub panel. And, when use the Main Menu panel shortcut tile on that sub panel to return the script then sends me back to where I came from.
Any ideas on how to do that? I'm wondering if I can use a URL shortcut tile instead of panel shortcuts and use those to trigger a script that would manage this...
Any ideas or input would be greatly appreciated.
Just wanted to share some work I did to create lighting pre-sets (but really can apply to any controls that have varied levels for which you want to create presets. WiIl recommend trying only if you have familiarity with Webcore, and using IDE. Will also welcome the community's input on this - I'm new to the game and still learning the ropes.
Also the only advantage of this versus doing through setting up a couple routines is the ability to show which preset is active (i.e. on/off and will only show one active and other off at any time), which probably only appears to obsessives like myself :-)
1. Create simulated dimmer via Smartthings IDE. I've found the ST Classic Smartapp for creating virtual devices to be a bit wonky, so will recommend the manual method through IDE. (https://community.smartthings.com/t/faq-creating-a-virtual-device/11282/2, but select simulated switch. Create one for each pre-set (example, High, Medium, Low, Off)
2. Add these devices to Actiontiles through the Smartapp
3. Create a Webcore Piston such that when a switch is flipped on, the other switches in that preset will flip off (eg if High is On, then Medium, Low, Off are turn off). Don't link any of these simulated switches to other devices. Below you will see my example.
4. Optional: Create an additional Webcore Piston that will "sync" your switches in case you have other devices/automations/manually controls that change light states. For example, I have other simple switches around the apartment that will turn on and off these same lights, and I wanted my panel to be synced to this. I also included my piston as an example below - note that it will have odd behavior at times since I think Smartthings devices don't all report status instantaneously, I've tried my best to use execution delays and a "pause" variable to prevent an unintended loop (where my "clean up" piston changes the state of a preset switch, which then triggers another run of the clean up piston - this causes a 10s delay as Webcore pauses execution to break the loop (you will see "paused at semaphore" in the logs). For the below, I purposely left the clean up such that all the preset buttons are turned off if the lights are set something other than one of my presets.
5. Add tiles to Actiontiles that correspond to the switches. See my panel below as an example.
Note: the fuzziness in the screenshot is not a function of Actiontiles, I have some issues with my Fire and awaiting a replacement.
If the above screenshots don't work, here are the picture files:
Living Room Presets.png
Living Room Preset Cleanup.png
Annotation 2020-01-25 221639.png
I'm having issues getting the colour picker to show up in ActionTiles when using an H801 RGB device. It will show the current colour of the LED strip at the bottom of the switch tile but I can't see any way to enter the colour picker menu.
I saw previous threads around ensuring the color, hue and saturation attributes are populated correctly and that appears to be the case.
I am wondering what the recommended method to simply add a tile that has information on it is? For instance, I am making an "Emergency Info" with the address, phone numbers for non-911 emergency services in my area etc. I just need to create a tile and essentially give it a caption. I've searched for other topics, but most get more complicated than what am looking to do. Is there a simple method to accomplish this? Thanks in advance for any information!
I am developing a panel for my rec room. I use a few different actiontiles panels within iframes of a website I host on my own domain. Everything works swimmingly except for shortcuts to apps on the tablet. These shortcuts (in the screenshot, my shortcuts are "Darts", "Sonos", and "Roku", which open their respective apps on the fire 10 tablet) work just fine when I view the panel directly via actiontiles app or URL -- but once I embed the panel to an iFrame, those 3 shortcuts simply do nothing any more. All of the other buttons retain their functionality. Any ideas on how to get the shortcuts working? I'm using Android Fire 10 tablet and Fully browser.
Some people are wondering how I created my iframe Action Tiles panel and I wanted to share a very simple guideline here.
First of all, if you want to use Iframes your pages must be hosted either in a local web server or one of those cheap web hosting sites. Creating a local host is actually a very simple process.
Let me share how my iPad on the wall looks like:
This is a simple webpage with a bunch of Iframes in it.
Each frame reads a panel URL or Jpeg picture from the server.
If we break it down it would look like this:
And if I took everything out, it would look like this:
You can use any webpage editor to create Iframes. You just give the coordinates, the size and that's it. I even saw online iframe creators while searching for ways to do this.
Here is an example of how Iframe looks like in an editor:
- Your imagination is your limit:) You can create amazing looking panels.
- You don't have to switch between the panels. you can direct an URL to any Iframe you want.
- Tablet browsers are not in love with Iframes. Especially older models. Maybe once a month or so I see my browser just shut down, I have to start the browser again. (though that might be due to camera feeds, not to sure)
- addition to above, Ipads are sooo not friendly to iframes:)) (2015 and earlier)
Please feel free to ask any questions (keep in mind I am not a coder and/or web site designer, just a hobbyist:)))
I've been using smarttiles/actiontiles for years now and there's a specific functionality that seems super simple to implement, but remains missing... I'd like to be able to set a maximum panel width, so I can achieve the same flow of tiles on multiple similar sized devices... it could simply center the tiles on screens with larger resolutions, or could scale tiles +/- ~20% to fit the available resolution of the screen... for smaller screens, it would still wrap the tiles of one row into 2 or more, but it's just too much to maintain unique panels for each unique display type... so, for starters, could we at least be able to specify max tile spaces wide for a panel?
Just wanted to show off a proof of concept. I have my basic dashboard setup pulling the currently playing album art in the living room straight from Sonos. I use a raspberry pi running the Node-Sonos-HTTP-API to interact with Sonos from a variety of applications around the house. I have a little app running that pulls the album art URL from there and automatically redirects a request to show the album art and put that in a media tile. Works pretty well! Would be lovely if Sonos ever opened up their API to be able to do this without so many workarounds.
I was just wondering how everyone else is adding their music players to ActionTiles.
I am using an app called Echo Speaks that is added to my SmartThings as a Smart App.
I can control the Echo's Play, Stop, Pause, Volume and Skipping.
Right now, I can only control the Volume of the Fire HDs.
The individual Echo Tiles also show up in their respective Room Panels. So when I go into the Living Room Panel, the 'Echo - Living Room' tile is in there as well.
Is it possible to have a tile, or perhaps several, to show scores of certain teams (which I define) across different sports?
There no direct way to implement this functionality. However, you could create a Media Tile and link to an image that displays the score and have the image refresh periodically.
Is there a way to make tiles "disappear" when they meet certain conditions? My use case is for the alarm - I only want to see tiles for the open windows and doors so that I can see at a glance if there are issues. Is that possible?
Is it possible to have the Time/Date tiles to formatted differently? i.e bigger font for the date, bigger overall tile, reduce space between the date and the time, etc? I don't have much on my dashboard at the moment, so my idea is to have a time/date tile to take up most of the screen space, so I could use it as a wall clock.
Hi, wondering if anyone else are doing something along these lines.
I have several devices for which I wish to offer a set of choices using tiles.
Example 1: Run poolpump at 1200, 2900 or 3450 rpm
Example 2: Run sprinklers for 5, 10 or 20 minutes.
Example 3: Pan outdoor camera to position 1,2,3...N
So far I've manage to McGyver this by creating tiles for virtual switches and having a CASE statement in webcore turn the others off when one is pushed, setting variable values as required (if anyone wants to know how to set it up, contact me separately):
the above all works nicely, but it's slooow. Some times it can take up to 5-8 seconds before the previous button in an emulated radio button set is released as I have to wait for webcore to flip the other switches and do it's thing.
Dear Terry/Alex. Was wondering if you had given though to if it was possible to somehow bring this capability into AT? As I'm sure you'd agree given the few examples above, the possibilities are vast and many.
I suppose that besides my webcore-frankensteining multiple tiles into one radio-button, there are other more neat and efficient ways to implement a selection GUI element (perhaps a single tile offering the equivalent of dropdown selection box?)
However I guess the real question is how to communicate said selection back to smartthings. What if it was agreed to use a custom virtual button/button panel DTH, where the button pressed was equivalent to the selection? Would that make any sense?
Even though this feature request probably would not be around the corner any time soon, I'd love to hear your initial thoughts on it
Customer support service by UserEcho