ActionTiles Support & Ideas Forum
Public Forum for ActionTiles Customers. Please use the Search Box and carefully browse the results to look for existing relevant Topics before opening a new Topic or Private Helpdesk Ticket.
I am trying to set it up on my Fire 7 and I have the Amazon store version of the app installed. Now on a Fire, you can't add URL shortcuts to the home screen so I was hoping to use the App icon which is on my homescreen and have it go straight to displaying a particular panel. This should only apply to that one device - obviously if I log in via my PC I want to be able to access the whole caboodle for configuration purposes.
I integrated ActionTiles in to my Grafana dashboard. I'm currently just using it for status.
Here's how the dashboard looks like.
This is how the display looks like on the wall. (Note: I didn't have AT integrated at the time I took the photo)
Although I can't turn devices on/off, I still think it turned out pretty cool!
Thought I would make a topic for known working sites for everyone to add to their ActionTile panels. I'll start off with:
* fast.com - internet speed test
-simple and works, just use fast.com
* windy.com - beautiful weather map with wind streams, radar etc
-set the view you like, then use the top left menu at windy.com, select "embed widget in page". When you paste into ActionTiles, delete the html tags so you end up with only the long URL between quotes following src=. If you get this incorrect, ActioNTiles seems to embed ActionTiles site in the iframe tile instead.
It would be nice to be able to display a small iframe "tile" on my panel. For example my access points have apis that allow me to view their status. I'd like to show that on my panel.
I am a huge fan/user/advocate of ActionTiles!! I love all of the new formatting features too! I've spent a lot of quality time today updating our panels and Tilesets and I have a few wish list items I'd love to see in future versions/releases/updates:
- Tilesets: I notice that I'm creating a lot of Tilesets that are the same as others I've created in other panels. Now I know I can just go to that other Panel and copy the Tileset to the new Panel but I'd love to be able to "go and get" a copy of the Tileset FROM the current Panel.
- Tilesets: I think it would be absolutely cool to have a Tileset be a clone of another. In other words, changes in a source Tileset reflect in all of the cloned instances. This allows edits to a master Tileset to update in all the places the Tileset is used. Editing any one of them reflects in all of the others, etc.
- Tiles: Set an icon for a Tile once. For example, when I add "Kitchen Light" to a Panel I have to go in and change the icon for every instance. It's always the same light and so its icon should be set only once and show wherever "Kitchen Light" appears in any Panel/Tileset. > A HUGE timesaver. :)
- Panels: Would love to have a checkbox that allows "Show this Tileset on (at the top of bottom of) ALL Panels" This would be great for say three at the top that serve as "tabs" or a row of "rooms in the house" at the bottom of every panel, etc. Very useful for brining it all together into one house and another huge timesaver.
- Tile: Make the three dots bigger? I can't tell you how many times I fat-finger the screen when trying to hit those little tiny dots.
Oh, and one more I think I've already told you about: Absolute Must: Must be able to control color temperature. This is a make or break function for anyone who has Sylvania or Hue lights (or others).
Thank you for an amazing product! Keep up the good work and keep the updates coming!
Just wanted to show off a proof of concept. I have my basic dashboard setup pulling the currently playing album art in the living room straight from Sonos. I use a raspberry pi running the Node-Sonos-HTTP-API to interact with Sonos from a variety of applications around the house. I have a little app running that pulls the album art URL from there and automatically redirects a request to show the album art and put that in a media tile. Works pretty well! Would be lovely if Sonos ever opened up their API to be able to do this without so many workarounds.
By way of background I use the elements theme because I find the different colors for different types of tile make for good visual grouping.
I have 10 or so contact sensors which are grouped together and appear as orange. However I am using some wyze contact sensors which are used via ifttt to set a virtual switch in smartthings. Therefore these “contact sensors” show as on/off on green tiles.
It would be helpful to be able to choose to represent switches as contact sensors to fix this.
I know many people set up a Navigation Bar at the top or the side of each of panels using Panel tiles. An existing feature request mentions that since you can’t have a Panel tile for the panel it’s on, (i.e., Panel—>Self), a consistent navigation bar is not quite possible.
Also, using up a whole tile row/column for just panel navigation is a bit wasteful on precious wall panel real estate. I thought I had previously seen a request for quarter-height or other fractional tile sizes, but can’t find it right now. In any case, I think it would be a widely used feature if AT simply added an option to create a Panel wrapper to fit in a more confined space. Implemented as a native AT feature would save the trouble of users having to write/customize their own wrapper HTML, such as the LCARS interface documented on the ST Community. See photo of my example:
I am attempting to create a Smartthings "Wall Panel" using an Android Tablet and ActionTiles. I have downloaded Tasker, Motion Detector and AutoStart (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.autostart) But I am unable to figure out how to have my ActionTiles Panel automatically open when the tablet is turned on. It does not show as an App in AutoStart, nor have a I figured out how to call it in Tasker. Any help?
Wanted to share my Action Tiles dashboard. Created different types of custom tiles using PHP, google sheets and a hosting server that I own.
- Upcoming Tile - It reminds you about important upcoming events like birthdays. Example - “Upcoming” tile in the picture.
- Pay Bill Tile - It reminds you about any upcoming bills and days left. Example - “Pay Bill For” tiles in the picture.
- Text Tile - It comes handy when you need to give a name to your tile groups or want to remind yourself to order something. Example - “Frequent” and “Order Eggs” tiles in the picture.
- Days Ago Tile - It tells you that how many days have past for a given event like aquarium water change. Example - “Aquarium WC” tile in the picture.
Please note that I am using the free version of Action Tiles. In case you have any question, feel free to drop them in comments. Thanks!
I would like to see a feature where I could create a Loop for a set of panels. The Loop would have its own Public URL, and would automatically transition from one panel’s Public URL to the next, with a user-specified delay. An option to refresh or not for each panel in a Loop sequence would be a good idea. Users accessing a Loop’s Public URL would naturally have to have permissions assigned to view the panels included in the Loop sequence.
For passive display-only panels, this should be fairly simple. It no doubt gets trickier if a user begins interacting with a panel. The Loop mechanism would need a way to pause or halt the sequence, plus a manual or timeout-based method for resuming the sequence.
For a lot of people, this would obviate the need to use Dakboard as a screensaver to prevent burn-in issues. It would also open up a lot of new use cases for AT, especially with the new iFrames feature.
I was just wondering how everyone else is adding their music players to ActionTiles.
I am using an app called Echo Speaks that is added to my SmartThings as a Smart App.
I can control the Echo's Play, Stop, Pause, Volume and Skipping.
Right now, I can only control the Volume of the Fire HDs.
The individual Echo Tiles also show up in their respective Room Panels. So when I go into the Living Room Panel, the 'Echo - Living Room' tile is in there as well.
I was excited that August Smart Locks are now officially supported in SmartThings. Post here (https://august.com/blogs/home/introducing-our-newest-integration-august-smartthings).
I have this set up and working in SmartThings. When I added it to ActionTiles today, I am able to see it and create a lock tile and a sensor tile. However, is there any way to combine these similar to my Garage Door tile with MyQ rather than having 2 tiles?
The type in graph.api.smartthings.com is showing it as "placeholder" with "No states found." Just curious if there is anything else that can be done or I should select to make this better.
Would anyone have the launch url for the chrome remote desktop app on the ipad. I would like to open that app with a special tile.
I have IKEA FYRTUR Window blinds and on my Actionstiles I only see a Battery, no switch option. This is despite that in ST and in the ST app, I have full control of thye blinds including opening and closing. It would be really great to have my blinds on my Actiontiles tablets.
I have created this Topic as a home base to discuss this Feature Request Idea which has been coming up a few times on the Forum and Helpdesk.
- The SmartThings App offers a "Recently" tab when you look at the detail of a Thing or a Room.
- SmartTiles has an "Event History" Tile which listed activity (status change) events for all Tiles on the entire Dashboard in a single list, ordered most recent to oldest.
- SmartTiles allows developers to pull at most 7 days of activity history directly from their Cloud.
- ActionTiles launched without this feature.
Why not already in ActionTiles?
- One major factor in prioritizing what Features to offer at launch date was feedback from our tremendously helpful and valuable Beta testers. They used the product for months ... longer than we anticipated, since we found their ideas and recommendations to be compelling enough to implement some of them before launch.
- Beta Participants have a private section of the Forum where they opened and discussed Idea and Bug Topics. We also sent out individual polls.
- Event History was among the lowest popularity of all Feature requests.
- They are a diverse enough group that we weight their opinions highly. This open ActionTiles Support & Ideas forum will bring us even more information to help prioritize.
What's the Current Plan?
- We recognize that this feature may be "under-requested" at the present time, and yet would be highly valued by some customers.
- Like every feature, it presents some challenges to implement. There are lots of design decisions to consider... We are already brainstorming!
- When we're ready, we'll start with something basic, and then add enhancements based on your feedback.
- Let's start by using this Topic to capture your Topic Votes and an open discussion of how you would personally use and value activity event history feature(s).
Thermostat Tile: Custom icon & colors when actively heating or cooling and for excessive heat or cooling
I can't find where to change the thermostat icon
I would like the tile to show red when actively heating, blue when cooling
Show a flashing red or blue when a "setpoint" is hit. Flashing red above 75 or flashing blue below 66
I have Smartthings setup to notify me if my tenants are turning the heat up.
Hi all !
I looked around the forum but didn't find anything written on this other than a request.
Here's how to have sticky notes in AT (I wanted an easy way for everybody at home to be able to leave and delete notes)
I downloaded: Sticky Notes from the play store
Then in AT add a shortcut in My Shortcuts; use this link (and add the name you want):
Now add this shortcut tile to your Panel and you're good to go ! A sticky note will appear and will stay on-screen at all time until deleted.
(I did this on my fire tablet but I'm assuming it will be the same on all android devices)
Hi, I'm coming up on quite the number of panels, shortcuts and media for various purposes.
I would like to suggest implementation of administrative folders. Initially they don't have to serve any other purpose than organizing panels. For example, I have a number of panels called ZBackup-<panelname> which drops them to the end of the list, however it would be nice to be able to get them off the main list of panels.
I think there's some legs to this idea as a later iteration of this folder feature perhaps could allow setting common configuration for the items in said folder, for example change theme for all panels in folder. This could address the feature request to assign default themes: https://support.actiontiles.com/communities/12/topics/1225-set-a-global-default-panel-theme-for-entire-actiontiles-account)
Customer support service by UserEcho