ActionTiles Support & Ideas Forum
Public Forum for ActionTiles Customers. Please use the Search Box and carefully browse the results to look for existing relevant Topics before opening a new Topic or Private Helpdesk Ticket.
I am currently using RBoy’s rental lock automater coupled with a Google calendar / iCal link to provide rotating access to family members. Each member us their own access code for door locks/etc, and these only work for their “months” (which rotate). I’d like to provide access to a panel to allow them to set the thermostat/unlock doors/open the garage/etc, but *only* when it’s their month/when they’re staying at the house. Is there any way to do this without manually adding/removing shared access for different users every month?
If an iCal link is too hard, a CSV of emails/dates for access or similar could work... Any thoughts on how to make this work would be greatly appreciated!
I have been using actiontiles on Fire HD10 tablet for awhile now and am adding an additional tablet. I tried sharing panels and that worked well except I am not able to view my Camera feeds. So I bought another license, but I am not sure how to see the same panels. What am I missing? Thanks
Just wanted to share some work I did to create lighting pre-sets (but really can apply to any controls that have varied levels for which you want to create presets. WiIl recommend trying only if you have familiarity with Webcore, and using IDE. Will also welcome the community's input on this - I'm new to the game and still learning the ropes.
Also the only advantage of this versus doing through setting up a couple routines is the ability to show which preset is active (i.e. on/off and will only show one active and other off at any time), which probably only appears to obsessives like myself :-)
1. Create simulated dimmer via Smartthings IDE. I've found the ST Classic Smartapp for creating virtual devices to be a bit wonky, so will recommend the manual method through IDE. (https://community.smartthings.com/t/faq-creating-a-virtual-device/11282/2, but select simulated switch. Create one for each pre-set (example, High, Medium, Low, Off)
2. Add these devices to Actiontiles through the Smartapp
3. Create a Webcore Piston such that when a switch is flipped on, the other switches in that preset will flip off (eg if High is On, then Medium, Low, Off are turn off). Don't link any of these simulated switches to other devices. Below you will see my example.
4. Optional: Create an additional Webcore Piston that will "sync" your switches in case you have other devices/automations/manually controls that change light states. For example, I have other simple switches around the apartment that will turn on and off these same lights, and I wanted my panel to be synced to this. I also included my piston as an example below - note that it will have odd behavior at times since I think Smartthings devices don't all report status instantaneously, I've tried my best to use execution delays and a "pause" variable to prevent an unintended loop (where my "clean up" piston changes the state of a preset switch, which then triggers another run of the clean up piston - this causes a 10s delay as Webcore pauses execution to break the loop (you will see "paused at semaphore" in the logs). For the below, I purposely left the clean up such that all the preset buttons are turned off if the lights are set something other than one of my presets.
5. Add tiles to Actiontiles that correspond to the switches. See my panel below as an example.
Note: the fuzziness in the screenshot is not a function of Actiontiles, I have some issues with my Fire and awaiting a replacement.
If the above screenshots don't work, here are the picture files:
Living Room Presets.png
Living Room Preset Cleanup.png
Annotation 2020-01-25 221639.png
Is there a way to enable a panel only while smartthings is in a certain mode. For example, we have the same guests come stay with us frequently. I'd like to create a panel for them to use when they are here but not let them screw with our stuff when not here.
One simple thing I thought of, would be to create a panel that has specific things for them (they don't need everything), but their guest accounts only work if the house is in "guest Mode". This way I don't need to activate their guest accounts every few weeks when they visit, and deactivate when they leave. All I need to do is set the smartthings mode to Guest Mode and then the panel works. When they leave I switch to a different mode on smartthings and their panel doesn't work.
Is there a way to do this?
Is there any way to add some sort of user identification in the device event log in the SmartThings app for who performed the action? This would be nice when sharing panels.
Is it possible to share a panel?:
- only when the user is at the location
- only in a schedule time interval
- when the user is at location with a panel and with another panel when the user is away
Is it possible to see with AT, (real time) logs with what users are use the panels now and what time was spent at location each user?
I am considering using ActionTiles for an iMac and 2 iPads. My question is, can each device have a different setup layout. I will be using the iMac and 1 iPad. My wife will be using the other iPad. She requires simplicity.
I think there may be a bug, or unexpected behaviour, with the view only mode for the Smart Home Monitor. If I keep the tile unsecured, the tile displays the status as a padlock (locked or unlocked) icon and with the word "armed" or "disarmed" below it. The same behaviour is true if I PIN protect the tile. But if I set the tile to view only, the tile only shows the padlock icon, the armed/disarmed text is not shown.
But now I have the same question for lights.
I have a bunch of Hue lights integrated w/ Smartthings.
I'd like the bulb tile to only show status (on/off) and not be able to turn it on/off via panel.
In my use case... the panel is accessible to family (including kids)... want them to see status only, not interact.
The interaction happens through app that wife and I have access to.
Thanks again. Eric
Look, I like your security-minded approach to actiontiles but registering for an account, especially for those who operate a B&B and want to give access to a specific panel to control the lights in the apartment, is not an option.
Please implement a voucher based, calendar integrated kind of system to grant access to our guests. There's gotta be a way to do this securely! It will likely increase the overall usage.
On top of the Pin code which is pretty cool, would it be possible to have a Geo-Fence functionality on the Panel, allowing only “on-site” Arm / disarm action? Could be good to prevent your guest or housekeeping to play around with the alarm while not onsite!
I read that I can have family members access my ActionTiles account. I am not sure exactly how I am supposed to do that. I had my wife request a subscription to ActionTiles and then she verified the email account; is that the intended method for setting up all my family members so they can access my ActionTiles on their on mobile phones? This is a lot different than the old method.
Sharing a panel with two simple routine tiles.
I have it set to interactive mode for secondary user.
Using this panel with the primary account, click the routine tile - the routine executes.
Using this panel with the secondary account, click the routine tile - nothing executes.
Am I missing something? Or is this a bug?
Possibility to remove setting button (three dots), please?
I use ActionTiles in a Wink relay and it works extremely well. There is no way to get out of ActionTiles when it is open in webapp. But my kids or any person have a possibility with the settings button in dashboard for modify the settings or when it is shared make a logout or change panel.
Customer support service by UserEcho