There are really very few recommended settings because it depends on how you are using your Tablet and whether or not you wish to purchase the "PLUS" License upgrade (from Fully themselves, on a per-Tablet basis!).
But let me try a quick outline to start and we'll refine this into a KB Article:
- You'll probably want to set the Tablet to Developer Mode (FireOS Settings, Device Options, tap Serial Number 7 times, Developer Options: Stay Awake (Screen will never sleep while charging).
- Fully Settings - Web Content - Start URL: OK to use https://app.ActionTiles.com ; but better to use the complete URL to your desired Panel (get this from the Address Bar in Silk or Chrome, etc., by visiting your Panel). Every Panel has a unique URL, that looks like: https://app.actiontiles.com/panel/7dab37f2-7fb8-afaf-9191-90d20505aa2e
- Wait for Network Connection: Off
- Web Zoom and Scaling: Leave these default; but you can experiment with them after everything else is working. For example, turn Off "Use Wide Viewport" and then you can see the effect of changing the Initial Scale value. This can sometimes give you more fine tuning over the fit of the Panel. The Set Font Size option can also be fun to explore.
- Web Auto Reload: Use defaults (all Off).
- Screensaver (PLUS): To have it fade to black screen, set a Timer value, and set Screensaver Wallpaper URL to: fully://color#000000
To have it use some other Screensaver, try different Wallpaper URL values and/or explore the Screensaver Playlist option. In fact, explore all the options, but first note the defaults.
- Device Management: Keep Screen On - On (may not be necessary, see #1). Screen Off Timer - 0 (disabled) otherwise lock screen swipe will be required. Launch on Boot - On. Screen Brightness: Probably not needed if you use the default FireOS-Android control of brightness or automatic brightness.
- Power Settings: Keep defaults (all Off). Scheduled Wakeup and Sleep - Do not use this on Fire tablets as it overrides the Never Sleep setting and you will face the Lock Screen daily. All other options are also best left Off (default). WiFi Wakelock might help if you find ActionTiles disconnecting too frequently.
Kiosk Mode (PLUS): Extra lockdown functionality. Don't explore this until you're sure what you're doing.
- Motion Detection (PLUS): This is the nifty "wake on front camera motion detection" (instead of requiring tap to exit screensaver). Experiment with Enable Visual Motion Detection and the tuning options. This can use extra power and cause the tablet to heat up more, and does not work if there is no light for the camera to use to detect motion. Turn Screen On Motion - On; Exit Screen Saver on Motion - On.
- Remote Administration (PLUS): No need to enable.
- Other Settings: Enable Version Info - Off. Show Menu Hint on Start - Off. Enable Settings Auto-Import - On: But beware that you may need to delete fully-settings.json if you want to completely uninstall and reset Fully to its defaults.
Hope this draft above is helpful. Let's figure out if I've picked any poor choices.
Customer support service by UserEcho