ActionTiles requires one license per one logical Location or Hub.
SmartThings and Hubitat Locations or Hubs encapsulates a set of devices, apps, automatons and scenes. A location is not tied to a geographical coordinate. Usually, one location contains one hub, but it's possible to set up so called "hubless" locations or locations with multiple hubs that act as repeaters.
ActionTiles can be used on several display devices, such as your phone, tablet, desktop, etc. without additional charges.
Hare are some examples:
- Boat house with one hub that moves across the globe requires one license.
- House without a hub that only uses cloud connected devices (hubless) requires one license.
- Large house with several repeater hubs connected to the same logical Location requires one license.
- Large house with several hubs connected to distinct logical Locations requires one license per location/hub.
- Multi unit building that has several hubs connected to distinct logical Locations requires one license per location/hub.
- A household with one hub that has an ActionTiles kiosk in every room requires one license.
If you replace a hub, or reset it due to malfunction, then SmartThings and Hubitat consider it "new". All your existing hub data and tiles will be lost.
If you move to a new place and take your hub with you, the hub will remain licensed, no action required.
ActionTiles permits license
transfer to a replacement hub of the same platform. Please refer to this article for more information.
Customer support service by UserEcho