Fixes / Enhancements
- There have been various reports of "generally working" Video Stream Media Tiles consistently exhibiting various quirks, including:
- working for a while, but then suddenly being stuck or broken, but work again with a manual reload / refresh.
- sometimes requiring the browser cache to be cleared in order to restart video.
- sometimes displaying stale data (particularly for Stop Motion Video / Still Image with Refresh).
- This Release attempts to address the above and perhaps a few similar quirks.
- Beta testers reported noticeable improvement, even though some Video Streams issues could not be resolved consistently without causing other problems.
- NB: Unlike most Tile types, if you modify a Media definition, a reload of the affected Panels is required. Except during building and testing Panels, we presume this situation will not be very common.
This update does not add support for new streaming formats like RTSP, nor fix the problem of "https://user:password@address" (basic HTTP authentication) being blocked by newer versions of Chrome and perhaps some other browsers.
We continue to research ways to expand video handling, but there are no imminent breakthroughs expected. We are still excited about this Release of stability fixes and appreciate your observations! Thanks!
resume video stream if it failed, recover from errors show camera full screen (click on Media Tile to expand image) close video stream prior to zoom in order to save concurrent sockets
We will update various open "Bug & Idea Topics" soon if their status has been affected.
...Terry (& Alex)
Customer support service by UserEcho