+14
Implemented

Temperature Tile should show decimals

johnny2678 7 years ago in Things & Capabilities updated by Alex (ActionTiles) (Co-Founder) 6 years ago 13

This tile used to show the decimal value reported in smarthings (78.1 currently).  Now it is rounded to a whole number.  How can I get the decimals back?

Image 1441

Answers

PINNED

I'm just wondering what's the practical significance of temperature precision to fraction of a degree?

Does anyone use sensors that are accurate to 1 degree?

PINNED
Discuss & Vote

There's no preference to control the display of decimals.

Please add your Votes 👍  and comments so that we can prioritize and gauge interest.

+1

I would like to know this also. 

PINNED
Discuss & Vote

There's no preference to control the display of decimals.

Please add your Votes 👍  and comments so that we can prioritize and gauge interest.

I'd prefer to have it show decimal values.

+1

Previously At showed decimals for certain sensors. My preference was to round the numbers. However from this discussion  Round off temperature decimals,  I  certainly understand the importance when using Celsius.

Maybe a user-selectable option if you decide to implement decimals.

PINNED

I'm just wondering what's the practical significance of temperature precision to fraction of a degree?

Does anyone use sensors that are accurate to 1 degree?

Yes, I use one in my hot tub where I like to know the exact amount. I would actually like the opposite where it shows the decimal points for the current power wattage used. This number fluctuates a lot and is rather large so decimals points are rather useless. So an option to show decimal points per tile would be preferred.

Seems to be a change in behaviour since the latest version, where Celcius temperatures are rounded to the nearest whole number. Needs at least 1 decimal place to be useful. Other threads previously indicated it was down to available space, but mine are still rounded when I use 2 wide x 1 high. Used to be fine with 2 decimal places in previous version.

+1

voted. 1 degree makes a too big difference in Celsius to not have 1 decimal. Thank you

Working like a charm. Thanks

Commenting disabled