+9
Implemented

Allow choice of "same tab" or "new tab" (default) for Shortcuts

Adam 7 years ago in Shortcut Tiles updated by Alex (ActionTiles) (Co-Founder) 6 years ago 8 1 duplicate

I find that Shortcut tiles are opening in new tabs (safari Mac & iPad)

This is frustrating, because if you're running Actiontiles in a fullscreen window on an iPad, it actually opens Safari on a new app, so you can't even just swipe back, or tab back.

Could this be an option on the Link Settings?

Answer

+1
PINNED
Discuss & Vote

Adam,

We had to make Shortcuts open as a "new tab" (especially in iPad), because when running as a "Home Screen app", there is no navigation possible to return back to the ActionTiles app after opening the Shortcut.

I suppose there may be some situations where this isn't a problem; hence this is a Feature Request.

Duplicates 1
+1
PINNED
Discuss & Vote

Adam,

We had to make Shortcuts open as a "new tab" (especially in iPad), because when running as a "Home Screen app", there is no navigation possible to return back to the ActionTiles app after opening the Shortcut.

I suppose there may be some situations where this isn't a problem; hence this is a Feature Request.

You can swipe back in a homescreen app, can't you?

• My iPad is on iOS 9.2 and I've tried swiping various ways, but no gesture appears to work.
  • The problem with being unable to "go back" was reported by multiple users, I presume were more familiar with iOS gestures than me.

I would really love this! Maybe as an option for the URL tile, between new tab and same tab. As an example, I would like to have a tile for jumping to my Grafana temperature graphs, and then back to ActionTiles again in the same tab.

Commenting disabled